Abigail Karp L.Ac. (she/her), earned her Masters Degree in Oriental Medicine from AOMA, The Graduate School of Integrative Medicine and has served as a Clinical Resident at AOMA, assisting in the coaching and supervision of new acupuncture student interns. In addition to her education in the world of integrative medicine, Abigail is a painter/illustrator with her BA in Fine Arts from the Rhode Island School of Design. As both a health care practitioner and an artist, her treatments are influenced by a sense of intuition and sensitivity.
Abigail’s fascination with the transformative effects of acupuncture and herbalism for women’s health began through a personal experience healing the complications of Celiac disease. In addition to her education at AOMA, Abigail has trained with master herbalist Frank Cook during an intensive herbal program on the Northern Coast of Maine and later in the cloud forests of Costa Rica. During her time as a graduate student at AOMA Abigail has had the privilege to intensively study medical Qigong under the famous Master Li Junfeng, the principal founder of Sheng Zhen Qigong. In addition to specializing in Reproductive health, other areas of focus include digestive health, dermatology, and cosmetic Acupuncture.
Licenses / Credentials :
- Texas Board of Medical Examiners Licensed Acupuncturist
- Master of Science in Oriental Medicine, AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine
- National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Diplomat
- Trained in Acupuncture and Acupressure Facial Rejuvenation by renowned Cosmetic Acupuncturist Susan Krieger
- Clinical Resident supervisor at AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine
- Texas Association for Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine Member
- Wild Medicinal Plants herbal training at Eagle Hill Institute
- Rhode Island School of Design, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Illustration
- Certified Reiki Master Teacher, RMT