After graduating from the University of Texas at Austin with a nursing degree in 2006, Katie Burke L.Ac. (she her), began working as an obstetrical nurse at St. David’s Medical Center in downtown Austin as a labor and delivery nurse. Working in a high acuity environment, she has had many years of clinical experience assisting women with diverse social and medical needs during their pregnancies. Being a labor and delivery nurse furthered her passion and desire to assist women to achieve optimal reproductive health at all stages of life.
Being a long time advocate of natural healing modalities, Katie graduated from the Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin with a Master’s degree in Acupuncture. She believes the best healing occurs when it happens in a safe and caring environment with a practitioner that is knowledgeable and compassionate. Katie is devoted to assisting clients in reaching their reproductive goals.
When she is not in the office she enjoys playing the violin, making jewelry, traveling to new places, and jogging at Town Lake.
Licenses / Credentials :
- Texas State Board of Medical Examiners Licensed Acupuncturist
- Master of Science in Oriental Medicine, AOMA Graduate School of IntegrativeMedicine
- National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Diplomate
- University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Neonatal Resuscitation