Dr. Mitch Schreiber, DACM (they/them) is the co-founder of Sage Acupuncture and its sister clinic The Cancer Wellness Center, where they lead a team of complementary cancer care specialists.
Mitch received their Doctorate in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine with a focus on Integrative Medicine from Pacific College of Health and Science. They received their Masters of Science from the AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine. Mitch has advanced training, certification, and practice in integrative oncology, women’s health and fertility, and occupational acupuncture. They have also engaged in studies in Classical Chinese Medicine at the American University of Complementary Medicine, with esteemed senior teacher and Daoist priest, Jeffery Yuen.
Mitch has spent several years in integrated clinical settings, including Tulsi Holistic Living in Washington DC and the Carl Vogel Center – a multi-disciplinary HIV clinic. In 2005, they co-authored a study on acupuncture and pain management with HIV patients. In 2006, they participated in a peer review of “Chinese Medical Herbology and Pharmacology,” by the Art of Medicine Press.
A passion for food and nutrition, rooted in a lifetime of study, led Mitch to complete training in “Food as Medicine” through the Center for Mind Body Medicine and Georgetown University Medical School and in certification by the American Association of Nutritional Consultants. Mich is a graduate of The Shiatsu Institute and Therapy Center in San Francisco, The Lauterstein-Conway School of Massage in Austin, and the Asian bodywork program at AOMA in Austin, where they went on to assist in the Tuina department. Mitch is also a Reiki Master, a Radical Remission Certified Workshop Facilitator, and meditation instructor.
Mitch is honored to be part of creating the great team at Sage that has received the Austin Chronicle’s Award for Best Acupuncture Clinic, Best In Birth Austin Award for Best Acupuncturists, Austin Birth Award for Best Acupuncture Clinic & Best Herbalist. They were also named Best Austin Acupuncturists in Tribeza’s Wellness Guide and by Expertise.com.
Outside of the office, Mitch can be found spending time with family, exercising body and mind, cooking, volunteering, and playing drums and sound healing instruments.
Licenses / Credentials :
- Texas Board of Medical Examiners Licensed Acupuncturist
- NCCAOM National Certification in Acupuncture and East Asian Medicine Diplomat
- MD Anderson Cancer Center’s Integrative Medicine Program for Acupuncture Oncology
- IMS/Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Advanced Training in Acupuncture for the Cancer Patient
- Certification in Nutrition from the American Association of Nutritional Consultants
- Pacific College of Health and Science, Clinical Doctorate in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine with a focus on Integrative Medicine
- Master of Science, AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine
- Florida Atlantic University, Bachelor of Art in Sociology
- Texas Association of Acupuncture Member
- Winner of the Austin Chronicle’s Award for Best Acupuncture Clinic 2023
- Best in Birth Austin Award for Best Acupuncturist 2023
- Best Austin Acupuncturists in Tribeza’s 2020 Wellness Guide
- Austin Birth Awards recipient: Best Acupuncture Clinic, Best Herbalist 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019
- Named Best Acupuncturists in Austin by Expertise.com 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023
Transform your fertility and sense of well-being
Start getting help today