Mich Schreiber L.Ac. (they/them) is the co-founder of Sage Acupuncture and its sister clinic The Cancer Wellness Center, where they lead a team of complementary cancer care specialists.
Mich is a Doctoral candidate at the Pacific College of Health and Science and received a Masters of Science from the AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine. They have advanced training, certification, and practice in integrative oncology, women’s health and fertility, and occupational acupuncture. Mich has also engaged in studies in Classical Chinese Medicine at the American University of Complementary Medicine, with esteemed senior teacher and Daoist priest, Jeffery Yuen.
Mich has spent several years in integrated clinical settings, including Tulsi Holistic Living in Washington DC and the Carl Vogel Center – a multi-disciplinary HIV clinic. In 2005, they co-authored a study on acupuncture and pain management with HIV patients. In 2006, they participated in a peer review of “Chinese Medical Herbology and Pharmacology,” by the Art of Medicine Press.
A passion for food and nutrition, rooted in a lifetime of study, led Mich to complete training in “Food as Medicine” through the Center for Mind Body Medicine and Georgetown University Medical School and in certification by the American Association of Nutritional Consultants. Mich is a graduate of The Shiatsu Institute and Therapy Center in San Francisco, The Lauterstein-Conway School of Massage in Austin, and the Asian bodywork program at AOMA in Austin, where they went on to assist in the Tuina department. Mich is also a Reiki Master, a Radical Remission Certified Workshop Facilitator, and meditation instructor.
Outside of the office, Mich can be found spending time with family, exercising body and mind, cooking, volunteering, and playing drums and sound healing instruments.
Licenses / Credentials :
- Texas Board of Medical Examiners Licensed Acupuncturist
- National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Diplomate
- MD Anderson Cancer Center’s Integrative Medicine Program for Acupuncture Oncology
- IMS/Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Advanced Training in Acupuncture for the Cancer Patient
- Certification in Nutrition from American Association of Nutritional Consultants
- Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin, Master of Science in Oriental Medicine
- Florida Atlantic University, Bachelor of Art in Sociology
- Texas Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Member
- Best Austin acupuncturists in Tribeza’s 2020 Wellness Guide
- Austin Birth Awards – Best Acupuncture Clinic 2016, 2017, 2018, & 2019
Transform your fertility and sense of well-being
Start getting help today