Sadie Minkoff L.Ac., FABORM (she/her) is the clinical director of the largest reproductive acupuncture practice in central Texas, a pioneer in the field, she is known for her intuitive and compassionate care. For over twenty years she has worked with her partner, Dr. Mitch Schreiber DACM. Together they opened Sage Acupuncture, Austin’s premier holistic fertility clinic. Later they founded The Cancer Wellness Center for patients, survivors, and their caregivers. Sadie and Mitch dedicated their life’s work to fertility and oncology because their family has been personally touched by both. It is their mission to support others faced with these challenges by providing exceptional care in a healing environment.
Sadie has seen firsthand the great benefit that an interdisciplinary approach to healing can bring. In addition to her private practice, she has worked in various clinical settings including The Texas Fertility Center, Austin Surgical Hospital, Central Family Practice, The Genetics & IVF Institute of Virginia, Tulsi Holistic Living, and the Carl Vogel Center of Washington, DC.
She is an inaugural Fellow of ABORM the Acupuncture Board of TCM and Reproductive Medicine, which certifies a select group of acupuncturists in reproductive health through a comprehensive board examination and ongoing continuing education in both modern and traditional medicine. Sadie serves as ABORM’s Vice President and is currently the board’s Interim Executive Director. She holds certification in Infertility, Prenatal Care, and Maternal Health from the Kharrazian Institute for Functional Medicine, is a certified Obstetrical Acupuncture Association senior member, is licensed by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, nationally certified by the NCCAOM, and holds a four year Masters of Science degree from AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine. In 2019 she was highlighted as one of AOMA’s most successful alumni.
Sadie has been a guest lecturer at AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine as well as the The Texas College of Traditional Chinese Medicine and has UT Health Medical students shadow her as part of their REI rotation. In 2006 she contributed to a peer review of “Chinese Medical Herbology and Pharmacology,” by the Art of Medicine Press.
One of the most rewarding aspects of Sadie’s work is educating patients, other acupuncturists, and healthcare professionals about integrative reproductive medicine. For many years Sage has been honored to receive the Austin Birth Award for Best Acupuncture Clinic and Best Herbalist. They were also named Best Austin Acupuncturists in Tribeza’s Wellness Guide and by Expertise.com.
Licenses, Credential, & Affiliations
- ABORM the Acupuncture and TCM Board of Reproductive Medicine 2008 Fellow and current Vice President
- Kharrazian Institute for Functional Medicine Certification in Infertility, Prenatal Care, and Maternal Health
- Certified Obstetrical Acupuncture Association Senior Member
- Texas Board of Medical Examiners Licensed Acupuncturist
- National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Diplomate
- Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin, Master of Science in Oriental Medicine
- Ohio State University, BFA
- Certified Meditation Instructor
- The Swedish Institute Certified Shiatsu Practitioner
- Best Austin Acupuncturists in Tribeza’s 2020 Wellness Guide
- Austin Birth Awards recipient: Best Acupuncture Clinic, Best Herbalist 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019
- Named Best Acupuncturists in Austin by Expertise.com 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022
- Texas Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Member
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine Member