Vimala Kumar L.Ac., MAOM, FABORM
Vimala Kumar earned her Masters degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from the New England School of Acupuncture in Watertown Massachusetts. Additionally, she holds a masters of nursing science from the University of Melbourne in Australia. Vimala has worked as an Acupuncturist and Chinese herbalist in India, Australia and the United States and as a nurse in Australia.
Vimala completed a residency at the Boston Medical Centre and interned with the fertility herbal master Dr Toa Xie in Boston. She has worked in diverse settings and understand the needs of various patient populations. In India, she worked in a non-profit integrative medical practice with physicians, pharmacists and physical therapists who treated underprivileged patients. Her passion for women’s health led to her work in a midwifery practice and while in Australia she worked in a Chinese medical practice that focused extensively on fertility. Furthermore, she is a board certified fellow of the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine.
In her free time she enjoys cooking, walking outdoors, and her newly acquired hobby, swimming.
Licenses / Credentials :
- Texas Board of Medical Examiners Licensed Acupuncturist
- Masters of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from Massachusettes School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (Formerly the New England School of Acupuncture)
- Masters of Nursing Science Melbourne
- Post-graduate herbal training with Dr Tao Xie
- Post Graduate Residency program at Boston Medical Centre
- National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Diplomate
- Fellow American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine