How to Best Prepare for an Upcoming Embryo Transfer and Beyond
- Regular acupuncture sessions increase uterine artery profusion that supports the uterine lining and enhances receptivity. It’s ideal to begin focusing on optimizing the uterine environment about 4-6 weeks before your planned frozen embryo transfer (FET).
- A 2022 study showed a 55% increase in live birth rates when acupuncture was added to the FET protocol. Schedule a pre-transfer acupuncture treatment the day before and a post-transfer treatment the same day as your FET to promote relaxation, reduce stress, and support implantation. Do this as soon as you have a likely date of transfer, you do not have to know the exact time to secure your appointments.
- After your transfer, everyday movements have proven to be more beneficial than bed rest. However, we recommend avoiding strenuous activities and heavy lifting.
- Continue regular acupuncture sessions while you wait for your beta test to support relaxation, reduce anxiety, and optimize health during this important stage.
- During the days leading up to your pregnancy test, stay hydrated and nourished. Drink plenty of water and eat nutrient-dense, easily digested, whole foods that build blood and support early pregnancy.
- Acupuncture during the first trimester helps alleviate common symptoms like morning sickness, nausea, and fatigue. It can also support overall relaxation and reduce stress, promoting a healthier pregnancy for both you and your developing baby. Additionally, acupuncture may help regulate hormonal imbalances and support the body’s natural processes to reduce the risk of miscarriage.