Pregnancy ClassesBuild support and community
Austin Area Birthing Center
Acupressure points to support labor
In this training, you and your birth partner will learn simple and effective acupressure techniques to help guide your body into labor as well as assist you during labor. By stimulating specific points on the arms, legs, and torso we can facilitate cervical ripening, encourage regular and efficient contractions, and manage pain during labor. Coupled with the Sage labor preparation acupuncture series, which starts at 36 weeks gestation, these acupressure points have been shown to reduce the duration of labor and the need for medical interventions, help women manage discomfort, and support labor to unfold naturally.
- Saturday, May 11th, 2019 11:30 am-12:30 pm - AABC Duval location
- Monday, June 24th, 2019 6:30-7:30 pm - AABC South location
- Wednesday, July 24th, 2019 6:30-7:30 pm - AABC Duval location
- Saturday, August 24th, 2019 11:30 am-12:30 pm - AABC South location
- Saturday, September 14th, 2019 11:30 am-12:30 pm - AABC Duval location
- Monday, October 14th, 2019 6:30-7:30 pm - AABC South location
- Wednesday, November 13th, 2019 6:30-7:30 pm - AABC Duval location
- Saturday, December 14th, 2019 11:30 am-12:30 pm - AABC South location
Free of charge preregistration required
Women Partners in Health
Comprehensive Childbirth Class
Class 1: Stages of labor, interventions, and medicated pain management.
Class 2: Inductions, cesareans, postpartum recovery and expectations.
Class 3: Natural pain management and comfort measures during labor, including breathing techniques, relaxation methods, acupressure, and what partners can do to help.
Location: Women Partners in Health 1305 W. 34th St., Suite 308
Upcoming class dates:
- Wednesday, March 6th, 13th, and 20th, 2019 6:00-8:30 pm
- Wednesday, April 3rd, 10th, and 17th, 2019 6:00-8:30 pm
- Wednesday, May 1st, 8th, and 15th, 2019 6:00-8:30 pm
- Wednesday, June 5th, 12th, and 19th, 2019 6:00-8:30 pm
- Wednesday, July 3rd, 10th, and 17th, 2019 6:00-8:30 pm
- Wednesday, August 7th, 14th, and 21st, 2019 6:00-8:30 pm
- Wednesday, September 4th, 11th, and 18th, 2019 6:00-8:30 pm
- Wednesday, October 2nd, 9th, and 16th, 2019 6:00-8:30 pm
- Wednesday, November 6th, 13th, and 20th, 2019 6:00-8:30 pm
- Wednesday, December 4th, 11th, and 18th, 2019 6:00-8:30 pm
Prepare and Connect
The Essential Mind-Body Guide to Pregnancy, Birth, and the 4th Trimester
Sage Acupuncture, Mama Peace, and Austin Born have joined forces to create a one-day interactive workshop that covers everything you need to know about navigating a holistic pregnancy, delivery, and the postpartum recovery. You will learn the best ways to physically and mentally prepare for the arrival of your baby, and the change of life that follows. We will cover the fundamental areas of nutrition, sleep, building a support system, self-care, and easing your emotions with practical tools that will leave your prepared and connected.
What we will talk about
- Nurturing your body through pregnancy with the proper foods
- Phases of labor, and breathing techniques to ease pain and anxiety
- Preparing for the unexpected
- Affirmations, mantras, and self-love to build your confidence
- Postpartum recovery and self-care planning
- What to expect the first 40 days after birth
- Breast/bottle feeding, and life with baby at home
- Balancing hormonal shifts, postpartum mood disorders, and what they mean
- Managing expectations, fears, and external pressures
- How to function every day through sleep deprivation
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and acupressure for labor
- Partner tips for support and care
Who should attend this workshop
Anyone expecting a baby and their support person! Especially people interested in
- Preparing mom/partner for the entire birthing process – pregnancy through postpartum in one workshop (while this workshop is awesome, please note it is not designed to replace basic breastfeeding, newborn care classes)
- Holistic and natural remedies to compliment western medicine
- Creating a mind and body connection for greater confidence, and less anxiety
- Building a postpartum care plan (which is an absolute necessity, not a luxury!) before baby arrives
- Empowering your partner/support person
- Creating a connection with other moms, families, and the Austin birth community
2019 date TBD 1:00 – 5:00 pm Location: Austin Born
Austin Birth Awards Best Acupuncture Clinic 2016, 2017, & 2018!
Rated Austin's top fertility acupuncture clinic on Yelp!
Up to half of IVF patients nationally have discovered the benefits of adding acupuncture to their fertility treatments
Take the first step
What we treat
Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Diminished ovarian reserve
Premature ovarian failure
Repeated pregnancy loss and miscarriage recovery
Irregular menstrual cycles
PMS and painful periods
Patients love us!
I was recommended to Sage Acupuncture by my team at Texas Fertility Center... they not only helped increase my fertility, but worked on other related issues like my digestion and anxiety as well as periodic headaches and allergy symptoms. - Meg H.
Sage Acupuncture is simply wonderful! I've been a client for over two years, before, during and after pregnancy. - Shannon H.
These ladies are great-- very knowledgeable, kind and gentle. I started a year ago to help with fertility, my progesterone was extremely low. Within a few months it was within normal range and I was pregnant. I then continued all throughout my pregnancy for maintenance and comfort.
- Stacia D.
Sage provided the ultimate support I needed in my fertility journey. I couldn't have asked for a better team and now my daughter just turned 1! I first came to Sage filled with pessimism, frustration, sadness, anger and ultimately because of their support felt hopeful again, empowered, healthier and happier. Other than the actual baby... working with you ladies was the best part of my fertility journey! - Anne M.