Classes & RetreatsBuild support and community
Fertility Meditation & Support Group
When having a baby doesn’t come easy, it can make us question everything and turn our lives into an emotional roller coaster. As time goes by, it can be hard to trust that we’re fertile. This can impact our sense of self, our relationships, and our health – the very thing that we’re trying to improve! Our fertility support group gives you an opportunity to process the challenges of infertility in a supportive and confidential environment, with others who are also struggling to conceive. We teach a simple meditation technique that helps you cope mentally and emotionally with the stressors associated with infertility. Many people report that initially, it took a leap of faith and real courage to walk into a group, but that ultimately they found it extremely supportive and healing.
Thursday, July 12th, 2018 7:00-8:
Location: The Meditation Bar 8108 Mesa Dr, Austin, TX 78759
$20 per class
Current Sage patient
$10 per class
The Sage Fertility Retreat
There’s nothing like this one-day intensive retreat to help you navigate your fertility journey. You’ll find a sanctuary where your body mind and heart are nurtured in a beautiful environment. Fertility experts in natural medicine, meditation, yoga, psychotherapy, and reproductive endocrinology will guide you towards regaining a sense of wholeness while you:
- Learn tools to cope with the stress of infertility.
- Connect with others who are going through a similar process.
- Get the information you need to create your personalized fertility plan (even if you think you already have one).
- Understand your options for reproductive assistance from one of the top endocrinologists.
Saturday, October 13th, 2018 9:00-5:00
Location: Sol Healing and Wellness
Space is limited early registration is highly recommended
$195 before August 1st and $249 after August 1st
Women Partners in Health
Breathing and Relaxation During Labor Class
This class is to be taken in addition to the WPIH OB/Gyn Prepared Childbirth class and will cover relaxation, exercise, and breathing techniques for labor including what partners can do to help during the labor process.
- Wednesday, July 25th, 2018 6:00-8:
- Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 6:00-8:
- Wednesday, September19th, 2018 6:00-8:
- Wednesday, October 17th, 2018 6:00-8:
- Wednesday, November 21st, 2018 6:00-8:
- Wednesday, December 19th, 2018 6:00-8:
Location: Women Partners in Health 1305 W. 34th St., Suite 308
Prepare and Connect
The Essential Mind-Body Guide to Pregnancy, Birth, and the 4th Trimester
Sage Acupuncture, Mama Peace, and Austin Born have joined forces to create a one-day interactive workshop that covers everything you need to know about navigating a holistic pregnancy, delivery, and the postpartum recovery. You will learn the best ways to physically and mentally prepare for the arrival of your baby, and the change of life that follows. We will cover the fundamental areas of nutrition, sleep, building a support system, self-care, and easing your emotions with practical tools that will leave your prepared and connected.
What we will talk about
- Nurturing your body through pregnancy with the proper foods
- Phases of labor, and breathing techniques to ease pain and anxiety
- Preparing for the unexpected
- Affirmations, mantras, and self-love to build your confidence
- Postpartum recovery and self-care planning
- What to expect the first 40 days after birth
- Breast/bottle feeding, and life with baby at home
- Balancing hormonal shifts, postpartum mood disorders, and what they mean
- Managing expectations, fears, and external pressures
- How to function every day through sleep deprivation
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and acupressure for labor
- Partner tips for support and care
Who should attend this workshop
- Preparing mom/partner for the entire birthing process – pregnancy through postpartum in one workshop (while this workshop is awesome, please note it is not designed to replace basic breastfeeding, newborn care classes)
- Holistic and natural remedies to compliment western medicine
- Creating a mind and body connection for greater confidence, and less anxiety
- Building a postpartum care plan (which is an absolute necessity, not a luxury!) before baby arrives
- Empowering your partner/support person
- Creating a connection with other moms, families, and the Austin birth community
Austin Birth Awards Best Acupuncture Clinic 2016 & 2017!
Rated Austin's top fertility acupuncture clinic on Yelp!
Up to half of IVF patients nationally have discovered the benefits of adding acupuncture to their fertility treatments
Take the first step
What we treat
Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Diminished ovarian reserve
Premature ovarian failure
Repeated pregnancy loss and miscarriage recovery
Irregular menstrual cycles
PMS and painful periods
Patients love us!
I was recommended to Sage Acupuncture by my team at Texas Fertility Center... they not only helped increase my fertility, but worked on other related issues like my digestion and anxiety as well as periodic headaches and allergy symptoms. - Meg H.
Sage Acupuncture is simply wonderful! I've been a client for over two years, before, during and after pregnancy. - Shannon H.
These ladies are great-- very knowledgeable, kind and gentle. I started a year ago to help with fertility, my progesterone was extremely low. Within a few months it was within normal range and I was pregnant. I then continued all throughout my pregnancy for maintenance and comfort.
- Stacia D.
Sage provided the ultimate support I needed in my fertility journey. I couldn't have asked for a better team and now my daughter just turned 1! I first came to Sage filled with pessimism, frustration, sadness, anger and ultimately because of their support felt hopeful again, empowered, healthier and happier. Other than the actual baby... working with you ladies was the best part of my fertility journey! - Anne M.