Classes & EventsBuild support and community
Fertility Support Group
When having a baby doesn’t come easy, it can make us question everything and turn our lives into an emotional roller coaster. As time goes by, it can be hard to trust that we’re fertile. This can impact our sense of self, our relationships, and our health – the very thing that we’re trying to improve! Our fertility support group gives you an opportunity to process the challenges of infertility in a supportive and confidential environment, with others who are also struggling to conceive. We begin with a simple centering exercise followed by an open discussion about fertility. Many people report that initially, it took a leap of faith and real courage to walk into a group, but that ultimately they found it extremely supportive and healing.
Friday, October 12th, 2018 7:00-8:00pm
In this class, we will have a guest answer questions about her process using donor eggs, followed by an open discussion about fertility.
Friday, October 12th, 2018 7:00-8:00pm
Friday, November 9th, 2018 7:00-8:
Friday, December 14th, 2018 7:00-8:
Location: The Meditation Bar 8108 Mesa Dr, Austin, TX 78759
Women Partners in Health
Methods for Easing Labor Class
This class is taken in conjunction with the WPIH OB/Gyn Comprehensive Childbirth Class and will cover relaxation and acupressure techniques for labor, including what partners can do to help.
- Wednesday, September19th, 2018 6:00-8:30pm
- Wednesday, October 17th, 2018 6:00-8:30pm
- Wednesday, November 21st, 2018 6:00-8:30pm
- Wednesday, December 19th, 2018 6:00-8:30pm
Location: Women Partners in Health 1305 W. 34th St., Suite 308
Prepare and Connect
The Essential Mind-Body Guide to Pregnancy, Birth, and the 4th Trimester
Sage Acupuncture, Mama Peace, and Austin Born have joined forces to create a one-day interactive workshop that covers everything you need to know about navigating a holistic pregnancy, delivery, and the postpartum recovery. You will learn the best ways to physically and mentally prepare for the arrival of your baby, and the change of life that follows. We will cover the fundamental areas of nutrition, sleep, building a support system, self-care, and easing your emotions with practical tools that will leave your prepared and connected.
What we will talk about
- Nurturing your body through pregnancy with the proper foods
- Phases of labor, and breathing techniques to ease pain and anxiety
- Preparing for the unexpected
- Affirmations, mantras, and self-love to build your confidence
- Postpartum recovery and self-care planning
- What to expect the first 40 days after birth
- Breast/bottle feeding, and life with baby at home
- Balancing hormonal shifts, postpartum mood disorders, and what they mean
- Managing expectations, fears, and external pressures
- How to function every day through sleep deprivation
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and acupressure for labor
- Partner tips for support and care
Who should attend this workshop
- Preparing mom/partner for the entire birthing process – pregnancy through postpartum in one workshop (while this workshop is awesome, please note it is not designed to replace basic breastfeeding, newborn care classes)
- Holistic and natural remedies to compliment western medicine
- Creating a mind and body connection for greater confidence, and less anxiety
- Building a postpartum care plan (which is an absolute necessity, not a luxury!) before baby arrives
- Empowering your partner/support person
- Creating a connection with other moms, families, and the Austin birth community
Sunday, October 21st, 2018 1:00 – 5:00 pm Location: Austin Born
Austin Birth Awards Best Acupuncture Clinic 2016, 2017, & 2018!
Rated Austin's top fertility acupuncture clinic on Yelp!
Up to half of IVF patients nationally have discovered the benefits of adding acupuncture to their fertility treatments
Take the first step
What we treat
Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Diminished ovarian reserve
Premature ovarian failure
Repeated pregnancy loss and miscarriage recovery
Irregular menstrual cycles
PMS and painful periods
Patients love us!
I was recommended to Sage Acupuncture by my team at Texas Fertility Center... they not only helped increase my fertility, but worked on other related issues like my digestion and anxiety as well as periodic headaches and allergy symptoms. - Meg H.
Sage Acupuncture is simply wonderful! I've been a client for over two years, before, during and after pregnancy. - Shannon H.
These ladies are great-- very knowledgeable, kind and gentle. I started a year ago to help with fertility, my progesterone was extremely low. Within a few months it was within normal range and I was pregnant. I then continued all throughout my pregnancy for maintenance and comfort.
- Stacia D.
Sage provided the ultimate support I needed in my fertility journey. I couldn't have asked for a better team and now my daughter just turned 1! I first came to Sage filled with pessimism, frustration, sadness, anger and ultimately because of their support felt hopeful again, empowered, healthier and happier. Other than the actual baby... working with you ladies was the best part of my fertility journey! - Anne M.