Massage ServicesRelax with a fertiity, pregnancy, or therapeutic massage
Massage at Sage:
We offer a complete set of specialty massage treatments that will nourish your fertility, pregnancy, and wellness. Experience how good it feels to relax, rejuvenat, and support your health.
Maya Fertility Massage:
This relaxing massage is ideal for treating fertility and female reproductive issues as well as digestive concerns. Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® (ATMAT) helps to improve fertility and support pregnancy through increasing circulation to the abdomen.
Maya therapy has the added benefit of being emotionally supportive. The abdomen has been referred to as the “seat of emotions” and this healing work can help release difficult or blocked feelings that may arise while trying to conceive.
We also teach you abdominal massage techniques to do at home as part of your self-care.
How Maya massage improves fertility
- Increases circulation in the abdomen
- Distributes freshly oxygenated blood to the reproductive organs
- Supports the formation a healthy uterine lining for embryo implantation
- Supports healthy cell formation
- Balances the venous, nervous, and lymphatic systems
- Supports emotional release
Support during & after pregnancy
- Emotional stress
- Ligament pain
- Sacral pain
- Hip pain
- Breech presentation
- Coccygeal pain
- Diastasis recti
- Prepares the pelvis for birth
- Returns the uterus and abdominal organs to their proper place postpartum
More conditions Maya massage treats
- Irregular or painful menstruation
- Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding (DUB)
- Ovulatory dysfunction
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine prolapse, retroversion, or malposition
- Painful intercourse
- Digestive conditions
When to schedule Maya massage
- After menses, prior to ovulation
- Prior to Frozen Embryo Transfer
- Prior to IUI
- When experiencing emotional stress
- All stages of pregnancy and postpartum
When not to schedule Maya massage
- After ovulation and before menses
- After an IUI
- After an IVF transfer
Pregnancy is a time of transformation for many reasons. Your body, mind,
and spirit are all rapidly changing as your baby grows. Massage has long been
known to reduce stress and help the body function in balance during and after
Each massage is tailored to your unique needs on the day of treatment.
During the second and third trimester, your messages will be done in a
side lying position with support pillows that make for a comforting and relaxing experience.
Postpartum massage calms the entire nervous system and is an essential support for the demands of being a new mother.
Benefits of perinatal massage
- Decrease muscle tension, support range of motion
- Alleviate physical discomforts or pain during pregnancy
- Reduce anxiety, stress, and tension
- Elevate the mood
- Support a healthy in utero environment
- Foster deep breathing
- Minimize nausea and stimulate digestion
- Prepares emotionally, mentally, and physically for labor
- Speed up circulation and decrease swelling
Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Manual lymph drainage (MLD) is a gentle technique used to address lymphedema, or excess swelling, that often occurs during pregnancy, injury, or in response to cancer treatments. The lymphatic system is part of the immune and circulatory systems and is responsible for moving fluids through the body. This highly specialized technique uses light, rhythmical, hand movements to influence the direction and speed of lymphatic flow. MLD therapy acts as an external pump that reduces fluid buildup and enhances the release of toxins, stimulating recovery and facilitating drainage of congested fluids.
Transform your fertility and sense of well-being
Schedule your first visit to get help today
Austin Birth Awards Best Acupuncture Clinic 2016 & 2017!
Rated Austin's top fertility acupuncture clinic on Yelp!
Up to half of IVF patients nationally have discovered the benefits of adding acupuncture to their fertility treatments
Take the first step
Ask about our packages
What we treat
Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Diminished ovarian reserve
Premature ovarian failure
Repeated pregnancy loss and miscarriage recovery
Irregular menstrual cycles
PMS and painful periods
Patients love us!
I was recommended to Sage Acupuncture by my team at Texas Fertility Center... they not only helped increase my fertility, but worked on other related issues like my digestion and anxiety as well as periodic headaches and allergy symptoms. - Meg H.
Sage Acupuncture is simply wonderful! I've been a client for over two years, before, during and after pregnancy. - Shannon H.
These ladies are great-- very knowledgable, kind and gentle. I started a year ago to help with fertility, my progesterone was extremely low. Within a few months it was within normal range, and I was pregnant. I then continued all throughout my pregnancy for maintenance and comfort.
- Stacia D.